Terms and Conditions
1. The Client MUST own copyright, or have reproduction rights, of all artwork, trade names, photographs, and other materials reproduced in The Client's project. The Client shall indemnify Web Theoria against any costs whatsoever in connection with the ownership of copyright or reproduction rights. The Client shall have full liability for the consequences of the contents of the printed literature, website or other project commissioned.
2. The Client's logos, artwork, graphics and photographs remain the copyright of The Client. Design, graphics and programming produced by Web Theoria remain the intellectual property of Web Theoria. Copyright to the finished assembled work of webpages produced by Web Theoria is owned by Web Theoria. Upon the final payment, the client is assigned rights to use as a website the design, graphics, and text contained in the finished assembled website. Rights to photos, graphics, source code, work-up files, and computer programs are specifically not transferred to the client, and remain the property of their respective owners. Web Theoria retain the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolio and to include the statement "Website by Web Theoria" or similar, together with a logo and a link to the Web Theoria's website on each page of the Website in a position and in a form to be agreed by the parties. The Client will retain any such credit and link in any adapted version of the Website, and the Client will (and will only) remove any such credit and link from the Website at the Web Theoria's request.
3. All preliminary work carried out at The Client's request, whether experimentally or otherwise, shall be charged to The Client.
4. Web Theoria withholds the right to refuse publication of any content which it sees as being indecent, obscene or offensive towards others.
5. Proofs of all printed work may be submitted for The Client's approval and Web Theoria shall not be liable for errors not corrected by The Client in such proofs. The Client's alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged as additional charges. When style, type or layout is left to the judgement of Web Theoria, changes there from made by The Client shall be charged as additional charges. No responsibility will be accepted for any errors, including colour variations, in proofs approved by The Client.
Web Site Design
1. Web Theoria will produce and deliver temporarily a design proof for The Client's approval. The design copyright of the proof shall remain the sole property of Web Theoria. Use of the design in any respect without the express written permission of Web Theoria will constitute breach of copyright.
2. Web Theoria will complete the design and build of The Client's web site after receiving confirmation that the design proof is satisfactory.
3. Once Web Theoria has received confirmation that the design proof is satisfactory, modifications to the design specification will be considered an amendment to the contract. All modifications must be confirmed in writing.
4. Our consultancy service and general advice is, by its nature, subjective. It is up to The Client whether they decide to follow our ideas and suggestions.
Hosting and Maintenance
1. Any design and/or development projects undertaken by Web Theoria, will be hosted and maintained at Web Theoria web servers for a minimum of 12 months. No access shall be provided via FTP or any other way, unless this was contractually agreed by both parties
Domain Name Registration and Website Hosting
1. Web Theoria will register domain names in The Client's name. In doing this, Web Theoria are acting as The Client's agent with the appropriate Naming Authority. The contract of registration is between The Client and them and The Client is bound by their terms and conditions.
2. Registration is for one year unless otherwise agreed. Although we will do our best to renew the registration for you, it is ultimately your responsibility to make sure this happens so please keep a note of the date.
The Client shall be responsible for effecting all necessary insurance in respect of any loss, damage, or expense that it may suffer directly or indirectly in relation to the provision or non-provision of Web Theoria' goods and services.
Web Theoria shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its contractual obligations as a result of war, flood, storm, riot, fire, accident, civil commotion, acts of god, government action, failure of power supply, equipment failure, lock out, strike, default or failure of subcontractor or suppliers or any other cause beyond its reasonable control and Web Theoria shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by The Client or any third party arising directly or indirectly from any such matters.
Invoicing, Payment and Tender Validity
1. Payment for design services must (unless otherwise agreed with Web Theoria) be made as follows: 40% (or an agreed deposit) with order, plus balance on completion. Design modifications will be charged at the prevailing hourly rate dependant on type of service required unless agreed otherwise.
2. Payment shall be made in Euro to Web Theoria. In the event that any amount remains unpaid 14 days after invoice date, Web Theoria reserves the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services to The Client to whom such unpaid amounts relate.
3. Tenders and Quotes are valid for 60 days from the date of the Tender or Quote. All prices quoted may be subject to change without notice after this period.
4. Once Web Theoria has undertaken a commission for services, a cancellation fee of up to 75% will apply if the contract is terminated through no fault of Web Theoria. An interim invoice will also be levied for up to 75% of the total quotation value if the commissioned project's content is not received within 60 days of commission.
1. Web Theoria cannot be held liable for any information contained within The Client's web site or printed literature. The content of such remains the copyright and intellectual property of The Client. The Client is liable for any reasonable legal costs incurred by Web Theoria caused by the content of The Client's web site or other project and agrees to indemnify Web Theoria for any awards made by a court of law.
2. No liability will be accepted for compatibility issues with code or any errors, omissions or failings of software code produced.
3. Where in the instance that a time scale / schedule has been given, Web Theoria will not be responsible for any money lost to The Client if the deadline is not met.
4. On completion of any web site it is the sole responsibility of The Client to manage the site. Web Theoria will no longer be responsible for the site upon completion unless an alternative agreement has been reached.
5. Should Web Theoria waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Web Theoria to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
6. This contract shall be subject to the law of the Republic of Cyprus. Where it is held that Web Theoria is not entitled to rely on any term in this contract, then Web Theoria may also be allowed to cancel all rights and obligations under this contract, or to hold all other clauses as valid entirely at their sole discretion.
7. We reserve the right to cancel a seminar organised by WebTheoria Ltd or it's associates at any given time.
8. Web Theoria reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.